Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Conneting ATMEL 8051 to LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

pradyu77

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dmc16249

Hey!! I have some problem conneting my ATMEL 8051 kit to an LCD.. The LCD seems to be workin well but the program i write does not seem to get transferred.. I mean i have checked the program and it seems to be perfect but I am not gettin any output in the LCD.. Do we need to initialise it?? The LCD we use is a DMC 16249 and the kit is a EDS 8051 ATMEL kit..??[/b]

Yup! you have to initialize the LCD display, for an detailed information check this excellent tutorial/engineering notes from shelly inc.
http://www.shellyinc.com/tecsup.htm
To be specific, check the "Instruction Codes" and the "Initialization and Reset" Sections.
By the way, don't forget to adjust the contrast for the LCD display, the first time I used an LCD I spent hours trying to find out why it didn't work only to find out that the problem was that it was working but the display was too dim so I didn't see the text.
Regards,

hey thanx a lot.. plz lemme know if there are any other sites offerin tutorials for connectin an ATMEL kit to the LCD..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back