Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

connecting internet via laptop using simcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

scholar_a

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I put the simcard in the laptop but I don't know how to connect the internet ?!
The laptop's model is DELL M1330.
waitting for your helpful guides
Regards

do ur Laptop has a provision to put the SIM card , u can connect to the Internet using phone and then connect it to the Laptop ,,

i am not aware of that Technology , where u can put ur simcard directly in to the Laptop

I put the simcard in directly under the laptop battery in a place which the corporation has made it.
I know how to connect using dial up connection using the phone line . I want to know the way which I can connect by simcard ?

Best Regards

Connecting to internet via GSM is basically similar to a wired modem connection. The Dell GSM modem (I understand that you have it installed with M1330, but I don't know in particular about it's configuration) should have an entry in the modems tab of tephone and modem options of windows control manager, I understand there should be also a specific application to configure and operate the wireless dialup connection. You have to enter e. g. the SIM PIN code somewhere. All these operations should be normally documented in the handbooks supplied with your notebook. There may be different price plans with your mobile service provider for mobile internet, some may need a registration. It may be necessary also to input additional configuration information specific to your service provider or particular price plan, e. g. an acess point name (APN) as "internet.t-mobile". Apart from Dell support, also servive provider hotline should be able to help you in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back