Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparison capacitor types crtmom_2t vs crtmom_wo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICLAY

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can I know the difference between MOM capacitor_2T and MOM Without poly shielding and which is better in 28n, 5n

Thanks

Having a poly shielding means you don't have anything underneath your caps and so it does not pick up any noise. It also means you couple lesser noise from your substrate and you also inject lesser noise. Always recommended unless you don't have the area.

What is better? with shielding in general.

Thank you, sir, for your fast response, I am having a couple of question,

1) I found that crtmom_wo ( 3T RTMOM without poly shielding )* has a poly guard ring, how come?

2) for crtmom_2T ( 2T RTMOM )*, there is no poly in it, so I can use varactor underneath it, right?

* using the ReleaseNote.txt file from PDK

1. I don't have access to your particular PDK and I cannot say anything about it.
2. Yes. It's a common way to increase the density of decoupling capacitors. Stack MOM on top of device capacitors (make sure they are connected in parallel and not series).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back