Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Commercial AVR programmers w/tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterX

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, everybody,
I am new to this forum, and I am thinking about doing the AVR programming. I want to buy a commercial programmer w/tutorial on how to use it. I have no concept in the programming languages. So, can anyone suggest me some programmer (kit, or an assembled one), which can be purchased on the Web, and which comes with the instructions on how to use the programming language. The only requirement - it should not be expensive. I just need something to start with.

Sorry, if it sounds too naive :)

don't be sorry, newbies exists and everyone should care of helping them..

I am not sure of what I understandood from your post but for AVR ressources, you should take a look at www.avrfreaks.net..

for programmer in particular, there are some free that only require a parallel port and a 74hc244... with free software...

Nevertheless, you could also you Serial programmer and JTAG programmer (both schematics can be find on the site above I think)

Manitooo

You can take a look @ codevisionAVR

try to search at avrfreaks.net
**broken link removed**

regards

cancel

MisterX said:
So, can anyone suggest me some programmer (kit, or an assembled one), which can be purchased on the Web, and which comes with the instructions on how to use the programming language.
hi MisterX
you are talking about two different things
first the programmer
second the language
if you buy a commercial programmer it will come with programming software ie to transfer hex file in the chip
but hex file will be produce by an assembler or compiler from source code, which is another software
hope it helps you begin :)

In the Elektor magazine there are tutorial for who to use AVR micros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back