Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Commercial ready system design while replacing Raspberry Pi

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD_SHAHRUKH

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello community. I hope you all are doing well.

My query is, I have completed the prototype of a system which takes ECG and PCG and display it to a 7inch display unit using Raspberry pi. The front end development was done using python programming, back end using MongoDB (SQL). The key thing I want to change is I want to reduce the size of the whole system, which means, I want to make a customized PCB where the display, main microcontroller, signal conditioning, power supply unit all connected in a single board.

1. How to choose alternative of raspberry pi? Key things need to view in order to search for new controller.
2. What if the operating system changes? Does todays GPOS have python capability to use the existing software.
3. What is the procedure to make sure the software dependency on hardware will not be compromised.

Please reply if insufficient information provided.

Hi,

1)
* you may use any microcontroller or microcontroller module, SoC, .... whatever you want.
* In detail it mainly depends on processing power, memory space, interfaces (for measurement data, archivating data, video screen...)
* You may use the raspberry Pi computing modules. (Pi pico, Pi zero...)

2)
You are the software designer, so you decide which OS and which version to use.
You may allow online OS update, but I don´t recommend this for an embedded system.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.