Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coaxial cable equivalent circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

soi34

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I am designing an integrated capacitance measurement circuit which will be connected to the capacitance (DUT) with coaxial cable. I need to model the interconnect (coax) between the capacitance and the sensor because the coax cable has higher capacitance value than the capacitance measured in the setup. I saw some coaxial cable equivalent circuit models but I am not sure how to implement the models in cadence environment. Does anyone has ever modeled a coax cable before for this purposes.

If the capacitance measuring is being done at a low frequency, than the coax cable can likely be modeled as a fixed capacitor with capacitance equal to the length of the coax times the capacitance per unit length of the type coax being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back