Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circuit logic 5v to 3.3v converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeidea

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
some one have idea about this logic translator

You can get line buffers that have two supply voltages, that can usually be set separately, this means one side of the buffer can be set to 3.3V and the other to 5V, the only thing you have to be careful of is that voltage A usually has to be higher than voltage B, that is, a specific input always has to be higher than the other.
An example datasheet would be:
https://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/MC74VHC1GT50-D.PDF (This one doesnt have two voltage inputs)

Hope this helps.

/Pheetuz

dude,

do you want to go from a 5V output to a 3.3V input? use a voltage divider (1.8K + 3.3 Kohm resistors)
do you want to go from a 3.3V output to a 5V input? it depends on the input type, a TTL input will work with no extra effort, other wise use a transistor to pull-up (or the dirty diode-pull-up)

do you want somekind of two-way level comverter???? use the MOSFET way! (or buy it)

the source of knowledge in a microchip tip's and tricks

i try to connect Rx Tx of mcu (5v) with fbus nokia (3.3v)

i try to connect Rx Tx of mcu (5v) with fbus nokia (3.3v)

MCU TX to FBUS RX: by voltage divider
MCU RX to FBUS TX: directly if mcu with TTL input capable..

read the pdf i supplied you will find both cases...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back