Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Choosing a transmitter/reciever

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanky321

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Im new to the whole RF area and I have no idea as where to start.

My ultimate goal is to use an infared remote control, remove the led and install a optocoupler in its place. Then use that as a serial input into the RF IC. At the receiver end I would change back to IR.

Im looking for some guidance, ive been looking at the TI cc1150. Im not sure if this is exactly what im needing though. Heres the data sheet.

https://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/cc1150.pdf

Thank you!

Andrew

It might be over kill. I would set it up for OOK (On-off keying) modulaton, since that is what is coming out of the IR transmitter.

Thanks,

Now ook using this same ic, or do you think there is another one better suited to the application?

Where in New England are you from? Im from MA.

Andrew

This is probably a really basic question but, is the output of the receiver the same serial feed that is input on the transmitter side?

Also, would this work a little better than the TI?

**broken link removed**

Thank you!

Andrew

Actually that is a pretty good question. The output of the receiver HAS TO BE exactly the input to the transmitter. You want to make sure that the transmitter does not corrupt the digital data any way, such as adding a header, or changing any ones into zeros for Manchester coding, etc.

The RFM is a good one. A lot of transmitters for such things run at 312 or 430 Mhz range. They are typically crystal or Saw resonator oscillators that are simply turned on/off.

Cool, im gonna order the RFM. Now I can use the same one for receiver/transmitter right? Im pretty sure its a transceiver.

You know whats funny, is that if it in fact did change the the signal it would be ok. Weird, yes, but il explain why. Its gonna be used for a Leviton lighting control system, the cool thing about the controller is that it can learn any IR signal, as long as its in the 38kHz range. Its pretty neat.

Thanks for your time!

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back