Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

charging power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

myasir786

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to built 13.4 volt regulated power supply with 50A to charge 200Ah battery, can anyone share his/her ideas or any circuit etc...

I am not a power electronics expert but I suppose that the easiest way is to take a huge transformer and a rectifier based on ideal diode made from some hi current mosfet. Car audio capacitor will be a good choice for that. I suppose that this battery is a lead-acid battery?

The power of your power supply is about 13.4 x 50 = 670 Watt, In that case you need to design a 800 Watt power supply. In my experience this kind of power supply is not possible without PFC. And the power supply should use Half Bridge topology. I have seen maximum of 500 Watt power supply designed by my friend. To design a 800 Watt power supply it may need a lot experience I think.

I suppose that it could be possible without PFC because the load is constant and it is not changing the phase during time. I have seen car battery charger for up to 30A without PFC. I know that solution without PFC will not be decent solution only cheap and easy with less efficiency. But I think that it is not impossible for battery chargers.

try buying one on ebay, this will save you a of of time and effort for what is a very challenging task

Status
Not open for further replies.