Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Change signal value in the middle of other

Status
Not open for further replies.

timsanr

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I need to send signal like here (first is clock): Clipboard02.jpg but the middle should rise there where is yello cursor. If that down signal is 2 x longer than clock, so the second signal must change value on falling_edge of clock. Is it possible? Or I need to decrease twice lower signal frequency to have another rising_edge clock in the middle?

Performing all actions on one clock edge is the preferred way to design synchronous logic. Utilizing both edges is generally possible, but watch your step.

So could you tell me please some hint, how to do it on one clock edge?

On one clock edge means doubling the input clock, as you already mentioned. There's no third way.

There's an option to make the output signal by combining output of rising edge clocked registers and the clock itself, but it's at risk to generate glitches. Thus it's the worst method in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back