Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cellular phone interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan_castano

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi folks!

can anyone tell the best nokia unit i can use for a project that i am working on. i need to be able to send and receive sms via a microcontroller. also, the microcontroller must be able to know the signal strength as well as the battery level of the mobile phone unit thru a query. i understand that you can use the nokia fbus with this and i need to know which nokia phones support this function.

if it is not of any trouble, can you also throw in some links that i can browse to know more about AT commands that i can use with this project.

Thanks in advance and more power to this forum. It is a great help for the likes of me.

hi,

u can use NOKIA 3310 it is very simple and easy, i know sm friends worked with it sending message to another mobile when alarm happens

search edaboard for links

thanks

thanks for the reply guys, but are the recent documentation still applicable to old models?

i can use the 3310, but it would be better if i will be able to interface it outside the unit. 3310's fbus contact is located beneath the battery.

i am thinking of using the 5110 or the 6110 model but i have seen somewhere that it really doesn't support the AT command set. i think it is better because the connections are located at the underside of the unit(reachable without opening the case). they say it does not have a built-in modem that can recognize AT commands. is this true?

Although Nokia phones are cheap but they are harder to interface. Instead try Siemens phones . They are easy to interface..

i am thinking of using the 5110 or the 6110 model but i have seen somewhere that it really doesn't support the AT command set.

The AT Command for send/receive SMS, is same for all cellular GSM phone. No matter it is old Nokia or new Nokia phone, also no matter it is Nokia or Siemens!

For interfacing 6210 and similar phones visit this link: **broken link removed**

For interfacing Siemens or Ericsson phones, just find pinouts for TXD RXD and GND.

www.elektronika.ba

traxonja said:
For interfacing Siemens or Ericsson phones, just find pinouts for TXD RXD and GND.
May i interface Sony-Ericsson cell phone (for example t230/t290 model) using only TxD, RxD and GND lines or have i to find its schematics? Searching this models schematics is very difficult for me...

May i interface Sony-Ericsson cell phone (for example t230/t290 model) using only TxD, RxD and GND lines
Yes, it is enough!

Searching this models schematics is very difficult for me...
Googling with this keyword : t230 pinout

traxonja,
does the 6210 nokia model able to be switched on by using the fbus? i've seen from the silicon chip mag article that the 6110 model can do this in the event that the power was cut off due to discharging, without manually pushing the power switch(the microcontroller switching it on via a command). and do you know how this can be done (the AT command that is) ? i don't know why but i cannot open the link that you posted. guess, i'll search for other resources.
thanks

yousafzai,
i cannot use the siemens models due to the fact that the most prevalent unit used here in our country is the nokia brand. second-hand units are easier to acquire than others. but ill give it a try though, if i can get my hand on one for free.

Can anybody help me to find SE t230 AT command set?

Thanks a lot...

allan_castano said:
traxonja,
does the 6210 nokia model able to be switched on by using the fbus? i've seen from the silicon chip mag article that the 6110 model can do this in the event that the power was cut off due to discharging, without manually pushing the power switch(the microcontroller switching it on via a command). and do you know how this can be done (the AT command that is) ? i don't know why but i cannot open the link that you posted. guess, i'll search for other resources.
thanks
There is an AT command +CFUN. I know that you can switch it off, but I am not sure about switching it back on. Maybe there is a hardware pin on it's connector or some combination of signals on the connector could power it up.

Googling with this keyword : At command for nokia

Status
Not open for further replies.