Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car Engine sound synth, creating a looping buffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

gulfstream2000

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I initially thought i could create a looping buffer with one of the 7200 series FIFO's, ie load up the FIFO with your source sound - then clock out the data with a clock linked up to engine rpm.

However you need to reset the pointers ( retransmit mode ) to get back to the start, which wont really work on the fly.

Would anyone have any idea's of how to continoulsly loop these fifo's or indeed any other way to create a small ( eg around 32K ) memory looping structure ?

thanks in advance

try using a simple 555 timing cuircut to reset the loop

steve

As i understand, to reset this fifo - you could use the FIFO empty flag then some sequential logic to pulse the retransmit pin. ( However you will end up with a number of clock pulse's of no valid data coming from your fifo, ideally i want a seamless loop )

Steve - i'm intrigued, how were you thinking of using the 555 timer to reset the fifo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back