Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacitance meter with pic16f84

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaga2410

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic16f84 range meter

hello everybody !

I'm going to do this project of M. TOM McGAHEE : a digital capacitance meter.
"In Manual Mode each range has an absolute minimum and maximum reading that corresponds to a count range from 0 to 16,777,215 counts."

If anyone have make this project, can you give me your experience ?

Thanks a lot !!! :D

pic16f84 register in operand not in bank 0

Hi Borber,

I have some problem with the assembler file.
I try to build a hex file with mplabIDE and it seems to be ok :

"Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPASM Suite\MPASMWIN.exe" /q /p16F84A "CMETERA.asm" /l"CMETERA.lst" /e"CMETERA.err" /c-
Message[301] C:\CMETERA\CMETERA.ASM 209 : MESSAGE: (Processor-header file mismatch. Verify selected processor.)
Message[302] C:\CMETERA\CMETERA.ASM 719 : Register in operand not in bank 0. Ensure that bank bits are correct.
Message[302] C:\CMETERA\CMETERA.ASM 723 : Register in operand not in bank 0. Ensure that bank bits are correct.
Message[302] C:\CMETERA\CMETERA.ASM 725 : Register in operand not in bank 0. Ensure that bank bits are correct.
Message[302] C:\CMETERA\CMETERA.ASM 729 : Register in operand not in bank 0. Ensure that bank bits are correct.
Message[302] C:\CMETERA\CMETERA.ASM 738 : Register in operand not in bank 0. Ensure that bank bits are correct.
Message[302] C:\CMETERA\CMETERA.ASM 742 : Register in operand not in bank 0. Ensure that bank bits are correct.
Message[302] C:\CMETERA\CMETERA.ASM 748 : Register in operand not in bank 0. Ensure that bank bits are correct.
Message[302] C:\CMETERA\CMETERA.ASM 760 : Register in operand not in bank 0. Ensure that bank bits are correct.
Message[302] C:\CMETERA\CMETERA.ASM 761 : Register in operand not in bank 0. Ensure that bank bits are correct.
Message[302] C:\CMETERA\CMETERA.ASM 762 : Register in operand not in bank 0. Ensure that bank bits are correct.
Message[302] C:\CMETERA\CMETERA.ASM 1552 : Register in operand not in bank 0. Ensure that bank bits are correct.
Message[302] C:\CMETERA\CMETERA.ASM 1601 : Register in operand not in bank 0. Ensure that bank bits are correct.
Loaded C:\Cmetera\CMETERA.cod.
BUILD SUCCEEDED: Thu Aug 23 14:19:10 2007"

But I can't program my PIC16F84A with this hex file. Is the PIC16F84A the problem because the asm file was made for a PIC16F84 ?

Or do I have to do everything else before create the hex file ?

Thanks a lot for help !!!

cmetera.asm

You can program with any HEX file which length is correct for choosen PIC. The configuration word for programmer is usually contained in HEX and if not you can set it manually in programmer software.
My HEX that worked.

gaga2410

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
gaga2410 said:
hello everybody !

I'm going to do this project of M. TOM McGAHEE : a digital capacitance meter.
"In Manual Mode each range has an absolute minimum and maximum reading that corresponds to a count range from 0 to 16,777,215 counts."

If anyone have make this project, can you give me your experience ?

Thanks a lot !!! :D

any schematic? :)

Hello,

You can find a complete design guide, dowload "cmeter.zip" on Tom McGahee url :
**broken link removed**

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back