Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Can't compile ahdlcmi module library

Status
Not open for further replies.

irun2

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
icfb.exe version 5.1.0 06/24/2004 17:30
I did search the internet to find the root causes, but just could not find a approch to solve it. They said maybe the environment is not set correctly, or I'd better update spectre to a more recent version.

the spectre output log:
Failed to compile ahdlcmi module library, see
/home/xxH/c5V2/CSMC05MS/models/res_va.va.ahdlcmi/ for details
and in res_va.va.ahdlcmi I noticed there's some errors complaining like below:

ahdlcmicompile: Compiling ahdlcmi in /home/michen/csmc05/CSMC05MS/models/res_va.va.ahdlcmi/ for Linux2.6.9-89.ELsmp+gcc with optimize using gcc on Sat Nov 27 00:13:10 HKT 2010 [0]
ahdlcmicompile: Generating makefile
PATH: /home/IC5141/tools.lnx86/systemc/gcc/install/bin:.:.:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/IC5141/tools/bin:/home/IC5141/tools/dfII/bin:/home/IC5141/tools/plot/bin:/home/IC5141/tools/dracula/bin:/home/IC5141/tools/jre/bin:/home/IC5141/tools/spectre/bin:/home/michen/bin:/home/IC5141/tools/bin:/home/IC5141/tools/dfII/bin:/home/IC5141/tools/plot/bin:/home/IC5141/tools/dracula/bin:/home/IC5141/tools/jre/bin:/home/IC5141/tools/spectre/bin:/home/IC5141/tools/systemc/gcc/install/bin
LD_LIBRARY_PATH: /home/IC5141/tools.lnx86/systemc/gcc/install/lib:/home/IC5141/tools.lnx86/mdl/lib:/home/IC5141/tools.lnx86/dfII/lib:/home/IC5141/tools.lnx86/lib:/home/IC5141/tools/lib:/home/IC5141/tools/systemc/gcc/install/lib:
Compiling C file installdev.c (optimize)
/home/IC5141/tools.lnx86/systemc/gcc/install/bin/gcc -ansi -march=i486 -O3 -DSYSV -DSVR4 -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DconfigSPECTRE -I. -I/home/IC5141/tools.lnx86/spectre/ahdlcmi/include -c installdev.c -o obj/Linux2.6.9-89.ELsmp+gcc/optimize/installdev.o || rm -f -f obj/Linux2.6.9-89.ELsmp+gcc/optimize/installdev.o;
/tmp/ccquAzZh.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccquAzZh.s:7: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push'
/tmp/ccquAzZh.s:10: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `pop'
/tmp/ccquAzZh.s:18: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push'
/tmp/ccquAzZh.s:20: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push'
/tmp/ccquAzZh.s:24: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `pop'
/tmp/ccquAzZh.s:25: Internal error, aborting at ../../gas/config/tc-i386.c line 4022 in output_imm

What should I do?

Hi irun2,

I will propose you a solution but i am not a hundred percent sure that will give you the desired result...if i remember well this worked for me a couple of months ago under OpenSuse 11.1 environment.

So,access yast control center if you use OpenSuse OS and try to find gcc,then check all the available packages and install them.After this you will be able to run simulations with cadence spectre.Ofcourse,an upgrade to the latest version of your simulator would be a good idea independently of this problem ;-)

Regards,
Jimito13

Hi irun2,

I will propose you a solution but i am not a hundred percent sure that will give you the desired result...if i remember well this worked for me a couple of months ago under OpenSuse 11.1 environment.

So,access yast control center if you use OpenSuse OS and try to find gcc,then check all the available packages and install them.After this you will be able to run simulations with cadence spectre.Ofcourse,an upgrade to the latest version of your simulator would be a good idea independently of this problem ;-)

Regards,
Jimito13

Thanks Jimito13! I've not tried the method you mentioned, but I've solved it by overwriting the directory systemc in tools with a updated version of icfb from others.

I solve this problem by editing symlink of /bin/sh, i changed it to bash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back