Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can you identify this IC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjk003

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I recently ordered a grab bag of electronic components and in it was a 40 pin DIP IC.
It has what I assume to be a manufacturer's name or initials "AH" and two numbers on it "S9330E4" and "MM9518N" right below it. A Google search for the first number turned up nothing and the second number turned up some pages from Hong Kong and China but no datasheet. I was able to find a Digi-key entry when I searched 9518 that was a 40 pin DIP Intel microcontroller, but unless this is a knockoff from China it doesn't seem like this is the same thing.

If anyone knows what this is or has a datasheet for it I would be very appreciative.

When it is 40 pin package, 99% it is a microcontroller. Anyways, when you have ordered it, you are expected to know what you have ordered. Isnt it?

There are built in data converter and display IC (7-seg) that comes in 40 pin DIP..

I got it from a bag of random components (caps, inductors, ICs, etc), the company I ordered it from didn't include any datasheets or anything. I'll play around with it and see if it matches the Intel microcontroller I saw on digi-key. If I fry it then it won't be much of a loss anyway. Thanks for the help.

i cant recall perfectly but it is a national semiconductor ic .
meant for lcd display(or led?).

if you come across databook of old national ics you will definitely get the details.

with regards
srizbf
18thmay2010

Thank you srizbf, that was it. I went on National Semiconductors site and did an obsolete parts search for MM9518N and it popped up. Turns out the part expired back in 2002 with no replacement part. No data sheet available, but at least I know what it is. Thanks again to everyone who posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back