Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CAN-BUS and Atmel AVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos Braam

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am trying to tune my Audi A3 car by changing the CAN-BUS data from the main ECU to the diesel pump computer. Devices that do this can already be bought, but are way to expensive and there is no fun in simply buying... :)

Does anyone have a usable library for CAN-BUS. For instance for the Philips SJA1000 CAN-BUS controller, preferably for an AVR micro.

Thank you,

Jos

I hope you can find it, it seems since we are now some years further, there is much more available.

Kind regards

You won't find it. I've done a lot of searching myself. Eventually I had to get some info of J1939 (there are some good books with the specification details) and then you also need to get the J1939 data for your engine from the engine supplier.

Then I also recommend using the AT90CAN128. It's a pretty standard AVR with built-in CAN module. It's fairly easy to write the J1939 library for this processor. I've done it. Unfortunately I can't share it because I don't own the copyright on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.