Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone tell me the value of these capacitors in the picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sopan Kotbagi

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have these capacitors and I am not able to figure out what value they are!
Can someone help?
I used the "5.2" marked capacitor in a project which required 5p6 or 5.6pf capacitor. Is it near to it and acceptable or is it wrong. If so then which value will be nearest to 5.6pf?
And as for the other "470" marked capacitor, what value is it?
Caps.jpg
Thank you

The 470 does not mean 470 pF, but 47 pF.

Seems incongruous, doesn't it? Here is a link to a discussion elsewhere where someone explains the code.

Since it appears smaller than the 47 pF in your photo, I am inclined to guess it is 5 or 5.2 pF.

However 5.2 pF is not a standard value, and anyway I am surprised if such a small value can be manufactured to that close a tolerance.

The link below is a webpage about the various systems of captions printed on capacitors. Your 5.2 does not fit any of these systems.

It could very well be 5 pF, and because the second digit is 2, it might have a voltage spec of 100 V (10 to the 2nd power).

https://my.execpc.com/~endlr/markings.html

It is ceramic disc capacitors, judge from the picture.
"5.2" marked capacitor is not stardard capacitance, it is not be sure. but It is likely to 5.2pf.
"470" marked capacitor means the capacitance is 47pf.
Want to know more details, please keep asking, i will reply you in here.

Hi, I study it sincerely, 5.2 means mostly diameter of DISC.

First off, 5.2 pF disk capacitors are readily available -- just checked Mouser.

Second, I believe that is the labeled capacitance. Here's another example:

Capture2.PNG

Sorry about the flash glare. I did not have a 5.2 pF, but I did have an 8.2 pF. The meter reads about 16.8 pF high, which was determined by reading an 18 pF capacitor. The two capacitors in the picture are both 8.2 pF. The label on the one in the meter didn't show, so I put the other on the meter to show what the markinglooks like.

John

I don't think so.
In here, 5.2= diameter of DISC.
Cause JET is one of china factory produce, it is their usual mark.

Ok. so nobody knows for sure what value capacitor it is?
So finally I will have to check it with a capacitance meter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back