Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calibre LVS capacitor property

Status
Not open for further replies.

RafelPerello

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
I am using Calibre for LVS check in the design of a differential pair amplifier with active PMOS loads. I have been able to properly match all terminals, nets and instances. However, I get a discrepancy about capacitors (one of them is referred to as CC14) as follows (screenshot also attached):

Property p not found on CC14.

I have checked that the capacitor properties match in the layout and schematic instances, which in fact do. Could you provide any insight in the matter?

Thanks in advance,
Rafel
1651160938129.png

it looks like the properties of the C elements are comments on the left side, no? it's strange that they are highlighted in green

From your screenshot I can read this...
You have got 36 errors in total.
28 out of these are property errors. Which reveals 8 unmatched objects?
Personally, I would try to clean these. If your visual property check of schematic and layout of CPOLY is ok, this could suggest either an open/short in your layout. Even if your number of nets is equal. You could have created and open on one net and a short on another. That could explain why LVS thinks your properties of your C do not match.

Maybe you can try to match just one CPOLY capacitor. Create a schematic with a single CPOLY, generate layout view, place the pins/labels and run LVS. This is to make sure that CPOLY can be indeed matched on its own and it takes literally 5 minutes.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back