Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calibre PEX netlist has port names with uppercase letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmad898

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Ok I finally managed to extract the pex netlist out of calibre that matches with my verilog netlist. But, there is still one poblem. The netlist extracted from pex in spef format has changed port names with uppercase letter and this leads to the mismatch error in primeTime. My question is that what kind of setting I need to apply to calibre to aviod such change. You can see the output spef file generated by calibre pex whereas my verilog netlist is different in letters.

/// calibre pex netlist
*NAME_MAP
*1 B
*2 A
*3 CARRY
*4 MYOUT
*5 SUM
*6 C
*7 N5
*8 N6

//verilog netlist
module logic (
a,
b,
c,
sum,
carry,
Myout);
input a;
input b;
input c;
output sum;
output carry;
output Myout;

// Internal wires
wire n5;
wire n6;
wire n7;
wire n8;

At a guess, check the rule file for "PEX NETLIST SPEF PRIMETIME." The information in the SVRF manual says that the PRIMETIME keyword (among other things) outputs keywords and element names in all uppercase. You might try adding "PEX NETLIST UPPERCASE KEYWORDS NO" to your file if you are using a newer version of Calibre that supports it.

At a guess, check the rule file for "PEX NETLIST SPEF PRIMETIME." The information in the SVRF manual says that the PRIMETIME keyword (among other things) outputs keywords and element names in all uppercase. You might try adding "PEX NETLIST UPPERCASE KEYWORDS NO" to your file if you are using a newer version of Calibre that supports it.
It is weird since I already added PEX NETLIST UPPERCASE KEYWORDS NO to the enviorment variables and the output of Calibre is the same and all nets are in uppercase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back