Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculator system (implement input output display functions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mt_maque

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good afternoon to whomever this may concern. I am trying to create a calculator system, that will be programmed on the D10-LITE FPGA board. This is the system that I would like to implement

You are to implement a system that performs calculations on 4-bit numbers (your output must account for this). It is capable of performing add, subtract, and 2 other custom operations. The values are to be input from the switches as hex numbers. As the value is entered, it is to be shown on the 7-Segment Display in decimal. The functions to be performed are also input from the switches. After the user enters a value, presses a function, and then the second value, your system will display the result on the 7-Segment display.

Break down operation into smaller functions.

Draw a flowchart.

Decide how switches must be connected to your device, and how to enter numbers.

Did you succeed at showing numbers on a 7 segment display?.

Break down operation into smaller functions.

Draw a flowchart.

Decide how switches must be connected to your device, and how to enter numbers.

Did you succeed at showing numbers on a 7 segment display?.

Yes, I know how to make each value show up on the 7 segment display. I am unsure how to make my system hold 1 value, input an operation, then input a second value and output the result

Hi,

Homework.

You need to show what you have done and learned so far.

Klaus

@Arevak,
You post above sounds typically "software"...................you should think about how the hardware/circuit would look like. If needed draw block diagrams and make yourself clear (or ask the person who gave you this task) how the design is supposed to function.

I am unsure how to make my system hold 1 value, input an operation, then input a second value and output the result
Do you know how to create a register (flip-flop) within a FPGA that can hold a single bit?
This will be the most basic task of your entire design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back