Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculating Battery Life Time and displaying on 64x128 graphic lcd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cesimkaol

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends , I am confused with that draw battery life on lcd.

For example gues my battery supply 20000 mAh and I use it in order to supply microcontroller and a few component.Microcontroller will be sleepin mode and it will wake up twice in a day.
Assuming that in every waking up it consume 10mA and 20mA( values are random now :) it will be calculated later ) for every day.

According do assume 20000/20= 2000 days / 365 = 5.4 year battery life.
In every wake up I want to draw a simple shape on graphic lcd.So where should I keep values (on eeprom) and how should I keep values.

Can you recommended me optimum algorthym or if you think what will you do for such a kind of problem.

Hi,

It this a theoretical project or a practical one ?

Many glcds need a backlight which use a lot of current and there is no mention of what micro you intend to use.
You do not say how long the display stays on for ?

Also for a period of 5 years you have to consider the natural leakage from the battery itself.

Perhaps something with a solar cell to keep a battery charged up might be useful.

Any small micro program can easily hold graphic images within the main program code, no need for additional eeprom.

Once you say what micro and what programming language you intend to use then you can start to write you own program code and get help here if needed.

Dear friends , I am confused with that draw battery life on lcd.

For example gues my battery supply 20000 mAh and I use it in order to supply microcontroller and a few component.Microcontroller will be sleepin mode and it will wake up twice in a day.
Assuming that in every waking up it consume 10mA and 20mA( values are random now :) it will be calculated later ) for every day.

According do assume 20000/20= 2000 days / 365 = 5.4 year battery life.
In every wake up I want to draw a simple shape on graphic lcd.So where should I keep values (on eeprom) and how should I keep values.

Can you recommended me optimum algorthym or if you think what will you do for such a kind of problem.

Question is not clear.

20000mAh is 20Ah its one battery or battery pack?
What chemistry, I supose lead acid?

If you have lead acid, NiCd, NiMh you cant wait one year to recharge battery, battery need recharging in shorter intervals such as recharging each day.

What do you mean on "battery life"? You whant to know what is battery life or when will battery become empty?

If you want to log your battery voltage and discharging curve, use uC with ADC and measure voltage and current if needed on some time interval and write data in eeprom memory. That uC should be separated circuit (device) with separate battery such as Li-Po/Li-Ion to avoid influence on measuring.

Questing was -> I want to measure How much battery supply exist? My microcontroller unit will wake up 2 times in a day and it will work for 10 second and then it will be in sleep mode.
Now I want to know my battery state for 3 years later.I want to show battery status on display.

Now I have another question ...Gues you have 3.7 V battery with 20000mh . Your system will work for 1 year ..When I check it voltage on battery through ADC then will I read lower than 3.7 V?

Question is not clear.

20000mAh is 20Ah its one battery or battery pack?
What chemistry, I supose lead acid?

If you have lead acid, NiCd, NiMh you cant wait one year to recharge battery, battery need recharging in shorter intervals such as recharging each day.

What do you mean on "battery life"? You whant to know what is battery life or when will battery become empty?

If you want to log your battery voltage and discharging curve, use uC with ADC and measure voltage and current if needed on some time interval and write data in eeprom memory. That uC should be separated circuit (device) with separate battery such as Li-Po/Li-Ion to avoid influence on measuring.

Read about battery specification and properties. Batteries have self discharging, some more some less.

Status
Not open for further replies.