Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C6711 DSP/BIOS Bootloader not running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drago

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dsp/bios bootloader

Hi,

Does anybody of you have a C6711 DSP/BIOS Bootloader project? I’ve try to make it hundred of times but without success. After reading the TI’s PDF I wrote the bootloader without DSP/BIOS and it is running ok. Unfortunately it is not the same with the BIOS version.
The first 1k are well copied into the internal ram. The copy table Is read properly and all sections are placed where they have to be. But when I jump to the entry point …. the LEDs are not flashing. If I reset the DSP from the CCS menu and then load the OUT file they are flashing …
Any advices ????
I would be very thankful if you can send me some example project that is really working (on the 6711DSK or any other 6711 board)!

Thanks in advance,
Drago

P.S. there are some sections that are excluded from the HEX file, since it is in runtime autoinit:

-boot
-bootorg 0x90000400
-bootsection .boot_load 0x90000000

-exclude .sts
-exclude .log
-exclude .args
-exclude .LOG_system$buf
-exclude .LOG_MW1$buf
-exclude .stack
-exclude .logTrace$buf

Status
Not open for further replies.