Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] bootstrap IC practical note

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamalifard

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i have some problem using bootstrap IC IRF21XX series they fault immediatly after input voltage connection, other part are OK it works well by a ferrite pulse transformer.
please help me by application note or other text or neccessary practical notes :roll:
thank

hi
when replace magnetic driver by bootstrap IC, it faults immediately what is the resons and how can I to solve it?
are this technic useable for very low frequency?
with best regards!

What's very low frequency for you? Bootstrap drivers can work with low frequency (e.g. 50 Hz) with respective boostrap C values.

Which kind of failure do you observe?

bootstrap IC fault immediately
lowest freq that i want to do is DC frequency for DC old motor that change rotation side by a fullbridge dc inverter that only change polarity of applied voltage

The bootstrap driver doesn't work for DC output. You'll need an auxilary supply voltage (on top of the positive bus voltage) to recharge the bootstrap capacitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.