Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Book about Layout design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inkwaterman

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
engineering layout books

Hi !
I need a book about the design of layout.
Could you suggest some titles ?

thanks

Yes,Art of Analog Layout is a great book.

Reactions: rubin

rubin

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi all. Can anyone tell me where (besides the edaboard's ebook download/upload site) I can download the art of analog layout?

the art of layout is a suitable book for analog designer.

Reactions: rubin

rubin

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
IC Layout Basics : A Practical Guide
by Christopher Saint, Judy Saint

Publisher: McGraw-Hill Professional; 1 edition (November 5, 2001)

ISBN: 0071386254

Book Info
Teaches the basics of IC (Integrated Circuit) layout in jargon-free, plain-English, understandable to those without an EE degree. Ideal for corporate training and two-year programs. Co-authored by one of IBM's top instructors.

Back Cover Copy
MASTER IC LAYOUT WITHOUT AN ENGINEERING BACKGROUND!

A "plain-English" guide to learning the basics of the integrated circuit design process--co-authored by one of IBM's top instructors!

Electronic semiconductor usage has exploded thanks to new chip applications such as cell phones, personal digital assistants, and consumer electronics--and created an unprecedented demand for technicians skilled in CMOS and bipolar design and layout. In IC LAYOUT BASICS, coauthor Chris Saint incorporates the same top-notch material utilized in his highly successful IBM training courses and offers you an essential primer covering:

* Integrated circuit processes
* Layout techniques
* Fundamental device concepts
* Wafer processes

Writing for technicians without an engineering degree and with the surety and clarity of an experienced teacher, Chris and Judy Saint offer a logical layered approach to learning. They present concepts from the ground up, building on the simple until the complex becomes crystal clear. Examples, self-tests, and sidebars reinforce the material and make it all quick and painless. For maximum retention, each chapter includes preview points, "motivation" boxes, and executive summaries.

PROVEN TEACHING METHODS AND MATERIALS,A JARGON-FREE STYLE, AND IN-DEPTH, NO-FLUFF COVERAGE MAKE THIS THE BEST GUIDE TO LEARNING IC DESIGN AND LAYOUT BASICS

Book Description
MASTER IC LAYOUT WITHOUT AN ENGINEERING BACKGROUND!

Tto new chip applications such as cell phones, personal digital assistants, and consumer electronics, electronic semiconductor usage has exploded, creating an unprecedented demand for technicians skilled in CMOS and bipolar design and layout. In IC LAYOUT BASICS, you get the same top-notch material utilized in IBM’s successful training courses. This essential primerbrings you up to speed on:

* Integrated circuit processes
* Layout techniques
* Fundamental device concepts
* Wafer processes

Writing for technicians without an engineering degree , the authors present concepts from the ground up, building on the simple until the complex becomes crystal clear. Examples, self-tests, and sidebars reinforce the material and make it all quick and painless. For maximum retention, each chapter includes preview points, "motivation" boxes, and executive summaries.

Table of Contents
Introduction
Chapter 1: Basic Circuit Theory
Chapter 2: Wafer Processing
Chapter 3: CMOS Layout
Chapter 4: Resistance
Chapter 5: Capacitance
Chapter 6: Bipolar Transistors
Chapter 7: Diodes
Chapter 8: Inductance
Glossary
Suggested Readings and Resources
Educational Programs
Index

MORE DETAILED TABLE OF CONTENTS CAN BE GOT FROM

h**p://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0071386254/ref=sib_rdr_toc/002-9496889-8450429?%5Fencoding=UTF8&p=S00A#reader-link

The Art of Analog Layout
by Alan Hastings, Roy Alan Hastings

Publisher: Prentice Hall

ISBN: 0130870617

Book Info
(Pearson Education) Provides layout designers with broad coverage of the issues involved in successfully laying out analog integrated circuits. Keeps mathematics to a minimum, provides a carrier-based model for understanding device operation, and offers many exercises that can be done with paper and pencil instead of software. DLC: Integrated circuits--Design and construction.

Back Cover Copy

Based on the author's extensive experience as a circuit designer and a layout designer, The Art of Analog Layout takes a practical and authoritative perspective, providing the reader with broad coverage of the issues involved in successfully laying out analog integrated circuits. Topics range from the mechanics of layout to essential information about many related areas, such as device physics, processing failure modes and effects, device operation, parasitics, and matching. The emphasis throughout is on practical knowledge.

Written for layout designers, the mathematics is kept to a minimum, requiring only a familiarity with basic algebra and elementary electronics.
Provides a carrier-based model for understanding device operation.
Focuses on three processes: standard bipolar, polysilicon-gate CMOS, and analog BICMOS, enabling the reader to comprehend most new processes.
Discusses the ways in which variations in layout geometries affect the performance of devices fabricated in silicon.
Many exercises can be completed using pencil and paper for those who do not have access to layout editing software.

Table of Contents

(NOTE: Each chapter concludes with “Summary” and “Exercises.” )
1. Device Physics.

Semiconductors.

Generation and Recombination. Extrinsic Semiconductors. Diffusion and Drift.

PN Junctions.

Depletion Regions. PH Diodes. Schottky Diodes. Zener Diodes. Ohmic Contacts.

Bipolar Junction Transistors.

Beta. I-V Characteristics.

MOS Transistors.

Threshold Voltage. I-V Characteristics.

JFET Transistors.

2. Semiconductor Fabrication.

Silicon Manufacture.

Crystal Growth. Wafer Manufacturing. The Crystal Structure of Silicon.

Photolithography.

Photoresists. Photomasks and Reticles. Patterning.

Oxide Growth and Removal.

Oxide Growth and Deposition. Oxide Removal. Other Effects of Oxide Growth and Removal. Local Oxidation of Silicon (LOCOS).

Diffusion and Ion Implantation.

Diffusion. Other Effects of Diffusion. Ion Implantation.

Silicon Deposition.

Epitaxy. Polysilicon Deposition.

Metallization.

Deposition and Removal of Aluminum. Refractory Barrier Metal. Silicidation. Interlevel Oxide, Interlevel Nitride, and Protective Overcoat.

Assembly.

Mount and Bond. Packaging.

3. Representative Processes.

Standard Bipolar.

Essential Features. Fabrication Sequence. Available Devices. Process Extensions.

Polysilicon-Gate CMOS.

Essential Features. Fabrication Sequence. Available Devices. Process Extensions.

Analog BiCMOS.

4. Failure Mechanisms.

Electrical Overstress.

Electrostatic Discharge (ESD). Electromigration. The Antenna Effect.

Contamination.

Dry Corrosion. Mobile Ion Contamination.

Surface Effects.

Hot Carrier Injection. Parasitic Channels and Charge Spreading.

Parasitics.

Substrate Debiasing. Minority-Carrier Injection.

5. Resistors.

Resistivity and Sheet Resistance. Resistor Layout. Resistor Variability.

Process Variation. Temperature Variation. Nonlinearity. Contact Resistance.

Resistor Parasitics. Comparison of Available Resistors.

Base Resistors. Emitter Resistors. Base Pinch Resistors. High-Sheet Resistors. Epi Pinch Resistors. Metal Resistors. Poly Resistors. NSD and PSD Resistors. N-Well Resistors. Thin-Film Resistors.

Adjusting Resistor Values.

Tweaking Resistors. Trimming Resistors.

6. Capacitors.

Capacitance. Capacitor Variability.

Process Variation. Voltage Modulation and Temperature Variation.

Capacitor Parasitics. Comparison of Available Capacitors.

Base-Emitter Junction Capacitors. MOS Capacitors. Poly-Poly Capacitors. Miscellaneous Styles of Capacitors.

7. Matching of Resistors and Capacitors.

Measuring Mismatch. Causes of Mismatch.

Random Statistical Fluctuations. Process Biases. Pattern Shift. Variations in Polysilicon Etch Rate. Diffusion Interactions. Stress Gradients and Package Shifts. Temperature Gradients and Thermoelectrics. Electrostatic Interactions.

Rules for Device Matching.

Rules for Resistor Matching. Rules for Capacitor Matching.

8. Bipolar Transistors.

Topics in Bipolar Transistor Operation.

Beta Rolloff. Avalanche Breakdown. Thermal Runaway and Secondary Breakdown. Saturation in NPN Transistors. Saturation in Lateral PNP Transistors. Parasitics of Bipolar Transistors.

Standard Bipolar Small-Signal Transistors.

The Standard Bipolar NPN Transistor. The Standard Bipolar Substrate PNP Transistor. The Standard Bipolar Lateral PNP Transistor. High-Voltage Bipolar Transistors.

Alternative Small-Signal Bipolar Transistors.

Extensions to Standard Bipolar. Bipolar Transistors in a CMOS Process. Advanced-Technology Bipolar Transistors.

9. Applications of Bipolar Transistors.

Power Bipolar Transistors.

Failure Mechanisms of NPN Power Transistors. Layout of Power NPN Transistors. Saturation Detection and Limiting.

Matching Bipolar Transistors.

Random Variations. Emitter Degeneration. NBL Shadow. Thermal Gradients. Stress Gradients.

Rules for Bipolar Transistor Matching.

Rules for Matching NPN Transistors. Rules for Matching Lateral PNP Transistors.

10. Diodes.

Diodes in Standard Bipolar.

Diode-Connected Transistors. Zener Diodes. Schottky Diodes.

Diodes in CMOS and BiCMOS Processes. Matching Diodes.

Matching PN Junction Diodes. Matching Zener Diodes. Matching Schottky Diodes.

11. MOS Transistors.

Topics in MOS Transistor Operation.

Modeling the MOS Transistor. Parasitics of MOS Transistors.

Self-Aligned Poly-Gate CMOS Transistors.

Coding the MOS Transistor. N-Well and P-Well Processes. Channel Stops. Threshold Adjust Implants. Scaling the Transistor. Variant Structures. Backgate Contacts.

12. Applications of MOS Transistors.

Extended-Voltage Transistors.

LDD and DDD Transistors. Extended-Drain Transistors. Multiple Gate Oxides.

Power MOS Transistors.

Conventional MOS Power Transistors. DMOS Transistors.

The JFET Transistor.

Modeling the JFET. JFET Layout.

MOS Transistor Matching.

Geometric Effects. Diffusion and Etch Effects. Thermal and Stress Effects. Common-Centroid Layout of MOS Transistors.

Rules for MOS Transistor Matching.

13. Special Topics.

Merged Devices.

Flawed Device Mergers. Successful Device Mergers. Low-Risk Merged Devices. Medium-Risk Merged Devices. Devising New Merged Devices.

Guard Rings.

Standard Bipolar Electron Guard Rings. Standard Bipolar Hole Guard Rings. Guard Rings in CMOS and BiCMOS Designs.

Single-Level Interconnection.

Mock Layouts and Stick Diagrams. Techniques for Crossing Leads. Types of Tunnels.

Constructing the Padring.

Scribe Streets and Alignment Markers. Bondpads, Trimpads, and Testpads. ESD Structures. Selecting ESD Structures.

14. Assembling the Die.

Die Planning.

Cell Area Estimation. Die Area Estimation. Gross Profit Margin.

Floorplanning. Top-Level Interconnection.

Principles of Channel Routing. Special Routing Techniques. Electromigration. Minimizing Stress Effects.

Appendix A: Table of Acronyms Used in the Text.
Appendix B: The Miller Indices of a Cubic Crystal.
Appendix C: Sample Layout Rules.
Appendix D: Mathematical Derivations.
Appendix E: Sources for Layout Editor Software.
Index.

has good practicall hints and

Malobertis book about analog Cmos Circuit Design.

are these books for the Integratd Circuit components, or for printed circuits boards ?

Skywalker

these books are for integrated circuits not for pcb's

skywalker said:
are these books for the Integratd Circuit components, or for printed circuits boards ?

Skywalker

All are for integrated layout. If you search some good books for PCB let me know. I've some.

IC Layout Basics is a start book.the art of analog layout is more advance.

thanks konqueror.

ed4you, wich book you have for pcb ?

let me know, skywalker.

hi, I am new to the board. I woud like to download the ebooks but I have not got enough points, would someone be able to send it to my email,
laichiongyew@yahoo.com.sg
Have anyone tried purchasing the points? How does it work?
Thank you very much

I think Allan Hasting book on Analog Layout design is a good one...

It covered all practical aspects in Analog world..

hi lastdance,
you need moore points. Please read board rules.

Skywalker.

check IC mask layout. simple but with good explanation...

I read the board rules, what I wish to know is if there's anyone who has purchased points? I am just worried of frauds.
Anyway, it's really good to be able to find ebooks here, as I could evaluate their usefulness before purchasing one.

how abt Analog design by naker le boyce! i guess its a good book.. deals with integarted ckt's design n detail.

with regards,

I got this message when trying to download the ebook

HIGH ALERT
You do not have permission to.....

does anyone else get this kind of message?

What should i do to download the ebook?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back