Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bluetooth Transmitter Link budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

amr87

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
link budget bluetooth

I am doing a bluetooth Transmitter link budget analysis
Can anyone give me a tutorial about it. All the tutorials I have seen is about the receiver link budget analysis. I know that they are nearly the same steps . However, since the requirements of the transmitter is different of the that of the receiver ( For example Transmitter linearity Vs. Receiver Noise figure) I think the starting point is different.

By the way, does any one know roughly the noise floor of 1.8V 8-bit DAC at sampling rate of (say) 10Mb/S? (I just need a rough estimation or you can just suggest me a good paper)

Regards,
Amr Alaa

bluetooth link budget

amr87 said:
... the noise floor of 1.8V 8-bit DAC at sampling rate of (say) 10Mb/S? (I just need a rough estimation or you can just suggest me a good paper)
For an 8-bit resolution and a DNL=0.5LSB, the noise floor must be ≤ conversion_range*0.5*2^( -8 ) or ≤≈ 2mVss (within your needed bandwidth) at an input voltage range of 1V .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back