Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bjt trouble in p spice orcad

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaleelrehman

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey everyone,
this is my ternary bicmos ckt, i am expecting a three stage output, the output is fine, but the voltage is dropped considerable, it should be between 9 and 5 but its in milli volts, is this noise out put or my output is degraded do much. help me out people

tdbcn.JPGtdbcnresult.JPG

You seem to be making a lot of posts about ternary logic but never actually say what you are expecting your circuit to do! You show a circuit which has multiple pulse generators, say it doesn't work and expect people to solve the problem. A clearer definition of what you are expecting to achieve, and what the actual results are would be useful. I can never see how you expect your circuit to do anything useful. Where did it come from? M10 source driving Q3 base with Q3 emitter biased at 2.5V for example - what is that expected to achieve?

Keith

hi keith,
thanks for your concern firs of all, actually in a bit of tension with my project, i am working on ternary dynamic bicmos circuit, let me explain u the concept, the circuit i showed above is of ternary bicmos not gate, the result i am expecting is of 3 stages 0, 5 and 2.5v, when my v8 is high, it will turn off m10 and thus q3, output is then defined by q1 and q2 deending upon inut from v1 and v2 ie it will give either 0 or 1 as output, but when v8 is low it will turn on m10 and thus q3, output is then defined by q3 ie 2.5 volts.. one place where i am stuck is my q3 should be run in saturation its mentioned. i hope u got the idea of what i am trying to acheieve.. please help me out, and its urgent

regards

You are not getting 2.5V because Q1 is being held ON. With Q1 ON it over-rides what Q3 does.

Keith

---------- Post added at 23:00 ---------- Previous post was at 22:43 ----------

Just to add, you only have a possible mechanism for sinking current to 2.5V, not sourcing it.

Keith

---------- Post added at 23:00 ---------- Previous post was at 23:00 ----------

Just to add, you only have a possible mechanism for sinking current to 2.5V, not sourcing it.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.