Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BGA package soldering on FR4 material

Status
Not open for further replies.

info_req

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there any problem with soldering BGA package on FR-4 maetial. does Tg of laminate may disturb the laminate proprties.?

Actually we are designing PCB for BGA-676 pin package. The question is does FR-4 material serve the purpose or we should change material to FR-5 or polymide or some different material.

Thanks experts.

The majority of boards are produced from FR4, I have done BGA designs for over 7 years and never used anything but FR4. Plenty of life left in FR4 yet. If you are using a lead free process I would look at a decent FR4, i.e. Tg of 170
it also works upto the low GHz's

Soldering profiles for BGA aren't different from other SMD components. The name "FR4" doesn't exactly specify the temperature behaviour, you should have laminate suited for leadless soldering, assuming you have it.

Forgot as there is some IPC info for everything PCB based!

Look for IPC-7095B 'Design and assembly process implementation for BGAs'

hello
help me for subject the antennas in package for 2.4 GHZ

mi problem is design example for antenna 5*5 multilayer or in package at 2.4

GHz because using this antenna in SiP (System in package).

wat the technologies using for resolution the problem?

tank you

Your problem iss antenna design? but not as close to PCB design. Please give detail that where are you: at Antenna design stage or PCB design stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back