Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best microcontroller for beginners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
forum best microcontroller pic

I'm so late,
I think you can debut with PIC 16FX the number x depend on your application, if it needs a lots of connections or not..
good luck

microcontroller for beginners

according to me 8051 and/or pic
you find a lot of docand application on the web for this microcontroller

8051 beginner

nothing is simplest than pic 16f84a
try it, even its programmer is so easy

best microcontroller language

TI MSP430 is suitable for beginner, you can request free samples of MSP430 devices from www.ti.com, and then make the start kit & jtag cable by yourself, without any expensive emulator.

ti microcontroller programming beginner

hi there,
choosing UC depends upon your application , i.e if ur application needs A/D convertors , Watchdog timers or not and next if you r goin 4 a study purpose go for 8051 look books by mazidi, ayala both r good one . else in market some good UC's are Microchip PIC 16F84 , Motorola 68 HC 11 then go for them after that contact again
good luck

best microcontroller forum

There is a very good reason to start with Microchip PIC18F4520, one of their newest chip!

The reason are:

1) C18 Student Edition from Microchip! It's free.
2) PIC18F4520 is peripheral rich. Check its datasheet by yourself!
3) You can build your own programmer! However, if you decide to put in some investment on development tools, there are not expensive. Check MPLAB ICD2! If this out of your budget, search Google. A lot of programmer targeting hobbyist.

what is the best microcontroller

Hi reckless,

Do you have the 8051 books by mazidi, ayala? What language they use is it C language? Can you post it?? or send it to my mail...

Thanks...

beginners 8051 programe

**broken link removed**

Free programmer and Example

the best microprocessor for beginners

go for pic with icd capability

stores that sell microcontrollers

I think the Philips microcontroller is complete feature. ADC/DAC/ISP/SPI/ICP/PP/PWM/I2C/Comparator/internal osilator.
The special feature is internal flash memory can both program data and storage data too, so we don't need external EEPROM.

check this link:
**broken link removed**

best books on microcontroller

hic, you can select any ICs you like, 'cause there have so many microcotroller in the World.

best microcontroller books for newbies

I started with pic16f84, i think pic's are easier than x51. You can also program chips with basic.

18f1320 hello world

I also think that PIC is a good choice. For the beginning 16f84a and 16F628.

learning microcontrollers for beginners

i think c51 microchip is appropriate for beginnar, for they are easy and their structure is easy to understand. you can try it.

80c51 programming for beginners

Well.. it depends on how far you want to go.. and if you have any friends that program MCUs.
I started off with the BasicStamp2 (bs2).. and it was nice starting off....
It is more expensive than all (?) other MCUs.. but you are really paying for their great support. In my opinion , they have the best support via forum I have ever seen (it is monitored by paid forum admins) (also bs2 are programmed in bs2... so super easy to program in)

If you don't want to do BS2, I would say Phillips or Amtel (AVR).
I know with the AVR you can use bascom (a basic compiler..)

hope that helps
Lee

best microcontroller development

go for any PIC or MSP430series.

This is all great help for someone new but I'm so new I'm lost even with this information. I would like to get a start in microcontrollers but have no idea what many of what's being talked about here. What is the best for a basic complete starter set?
Dave

Thanks for the info, do they have a starter set that would be a good way to start or do I not need to get a starter set and just purchase the few items I would need such as a cable to connect to a PC.
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back