Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best 16bit controller...

Status
Not open for further replies.

picforall007

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends i want to know which is one/series is the best 16bit controller. We prefer 16bit controllers becoz they are less costly, are available in DIP, and also good performance than 8bit. Anyway which is the best.
Considerations:
1. Cost
2. MIPS/Performance
3. Peripherals
4. Power Consumption

Thanks....

The best 16-bit controller is a low cost 32-bit controller. I do not know any 16-bit controllers that are lower cost better performance, have more peripherals for the same money or lower power than ARM Cortex-M3 or Cortex-M0 devices.
DIP is going to be a problem though as it is with most 16-bit controllers as well. If you are lucky, you will find QFP packages.
For a number of articles about low cost 32-bit micros, check this one out:
**broken link removed**

For the lowest cost 32-bit that I know of, this one:
**broken link removed**

p.s. just noticed your name and expect a bias for PIC 16-bit, they are not lowest cost, however they are lower performance, DIP? may be, and definitely not lowest power if same performance as a Cortex-Mx

Status
Not open for further replies.