Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BC109C Oscillator Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

holmesat21

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
9FC0C4F5-0B74-4BEF-B887-0319E48FD22E.png

I made a BC109C circuit on spice that runs but my physical design doesn’t run. I was wondering if anyone sees an issue with this design I have shown.

Unusual low LC circuit impedance. How did you arrive at the LC values?

Did you assign series resistance to model Q values according to inductor datasheet in your simulation?

I think you have a bunch of an unused 100nF capacitors in your drawer...
Replace L7 with 5uH, and R3 with 1.5k, and you will get the oscillation.

Attachments

• bc109c.jpg
    bc109c.jpg
    496.9 KB · Views: 107

Unusual low LC circuit impedance. How did you arrive at the LC values?

Did you assign series resistance to model Q values according to inductor datasheet in your simulation?
They’re hand wound inductors. I chose .507 as it was just the easiest to wind. I knew it had something to do with the tank but really just wanted help in case it’s the biasing or something dumb like that

I think you have a bunch of an unused 100nF capacitors in your drawer...
Replace L7 with 5uH, and R3 with 1.5k, and you will get the oscillation.
With spice you still get the oscillation with the given values but they’re at the desired frequency (1MHz) I can try this solution to see if it works but it would take some time to wind that inductor and ultimately it wouldn’t be what I want it at.

Can you explain why R3 would be better at 1.5K rather than 15K?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back