Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery state of charge lookup table

Status
Not open for further replies.

engr.waqas

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a 24V lead acid battery bank.I want to know how can i estimate state of charge of battery by measuring its voltage using ADC of a PIC Microcontroller.
I have found many tables on google but all are for battery open circuit voltage while in realty like in UPS the battery is not open circuit.
Many cheap UPSs too have a battery level indication LEDs .I want to ask if there is any lookup table which can give me an idea of battery state of charge without disconnecting battery from load??

engr.waqas said:
I want to ask if there is any lookup table which can give me an idea of battery state of charge without disconnecting battery from load??
You probably will not find such data set. The "right way" of estimating the state of charge is to put a current sensor in series withe the battery and integrate the current in and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.