Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery Reverse Connection Indication Audio and Visual

Status
Not open for further replies.

yviswanathbe

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Currently i am doing a Battery Charger.

in this I want to have audio and visual indication when the battery is reversely connected.

battery reverse indication i have done using a resistor and LED like we do for negative supply indication.

but my question is about audio indication. Can i directly connect a BUZZER across the battery.My battery voltage is 36V.

Please suggest me with a circuit.

Thanks and Regards,
Viswanath

Piezo buzzers are self oscillating... So you can directly connect it in your circuit, but you may have to connect any voltage regulator or resistor divider to reduce voltage from 36 to 12. You no need to add noise to produce sound. But you know your circuit, you have to connect it accordingly...

When the battery is connected at reverse polarity...

It has the effect of reducing all voltage drops in the loop. You may have trouble finding a sufficient supply voltage to drive a piezo beeper.

What will also happen is current will go way up. Therefore if you can find some resistive component in the loop, it may develop sufficient voltage to drive a beeper.

you connect the battery only through a series Diode. After the diode on the battery side connect the buzzer with a diode in series . ie connect the anode of buzzer diode to -ve. accross the buzzer you can put an LED with a series resistor. Hope your problem is solved if so dont forget to click the helped me button below

Use this circuit....

Regards
Udhay

Attachments

• CHARGE INDICATOR.png
    CHARGE INDICATOR.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 159
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies.

I will try your suggestions.

Thanks and Regards,
Viswanath

I've been trying simulations, and I still cannot figure out which source will power the alarm.

The charger, or the battery? From what I can see, they negate each other.

I believe the alarm will need to have its own power supply.

I've been trying simulations, and I still cannot figure out which source will power the alarm.

The charger, or the battery? From what I can see, they negate each other.

I believe the alarm will need to have its own power supply.
It is better that the battery should power the alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back