Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Battery drop problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the wonderful world of lithium batteries. They sound great until you actually try to use them under slightly out-of-spec conditions. They require specialized charging and protection systems to prevent damage.

Its nature whenever you load the battery you will get the voltage drop, So if you need more voltage choose a battery having more voltage rating or with less internal resistance...

Its nature whenever you load the battery you will get the voltage drop, So if you need more voltage choose a battery having more voltage rating or with less internal resistance...
The Samsung battery being used is probably an older design with a protection circuit attached. it was probably designed to power a low current laptop computer for many hours. I tried some Lithium battery cells from a laptop computer to power the motor in my electric model airplane. The power was low and the battery got hotter than the motor!

The American battery spec's I posted is for their latest generation-8 battery that is designed to run a high current electric motor. It has extremely low internal resistance.

My battery internal resistance is 0.3 Ohm . How I reduce it?...

The internal resistance of a poor quality (cheap) Lithium battery is high. The internal resistance increases with age, the number of times it has been charged and discharged and the amount of time it has spent fully charged. If it is fully charged and is stored cold (here this week the temperature outside is below freezing) then its life is reduced.

The small American Li-po battery I posted has an extremely low internal resistance.

I discuss with my battery supplier. I will check my load with another type battery (having low internal resistance) ..

I tested with extremely low impedance batteries ...

It works well, So I change the battery in my project..

Thanks for all..

Status
Not open for further replies.