Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bandwidth enhancement using array microstrip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Widya_sri

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,,
i have desigend 8 element microstrip patch antenna and the result is wider than the single element antenna. Single element produce 50Mhz and 8 element produce 300Mhz (bandwidth).
Do you know why the bandwidth became wider if i use array ?
Thanx before

Hello,

This is really strange. Even with the addition of single resonator for bandwidth enhancement, you will only go from 50 to 120 MHz. I assume that all elements are the same.

What is the radiation efficiency of the array with respect to a single element? Maybe you have huge loss in the power divider. Also try to change the meshing size to see whether this is OK.

hi,

band width widens due to multiple resonance of different parasitic elements, it happens if the dimensions of the elements are different.

s_rudresh said:
hi,

band width widens due to multiple resonance of different parasitic elements, it happens if the dimensions of the elements are different.

If this happens, this also means that the radiation pattern will change signifficantly versus frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back