Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bandpass Filter - Simulink

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashwini1

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a simple model, in that i am adding 3 sine waves of 5Hz, 10Hz and 20Hz frequencies. The resultant wave, i am passing it through a bandpass filter which has to pass only frequencies between 8-12 Hz and block rest all. But which is not happening. For the same i am using the bandpass filter block of signal processing blockset.

I tried to set the frequencies both in normalized way as well as normal way (using Hz).
At the output spectrum i will see peak at all the 3 input frequencies. But i suppose to get peak at only desired freq.

Can anyone help me in setting the parameters of bandpass filter.

Thanks,
Ashwini

If you have designed it properly then, only 10 Hz signal should pass rest should be stopped

As always, upload the pic of the magnitude response, your model and the settings you do in the sine wave generators

I can point you where the mistake is

By the way, what is the filter order, transition width? You can also specify if the filter is FIR or IIR? and which method in them?

thanks for ur reply,

plz find attached my model and do the needful.

Thanks,
Ashwini

I am facing the same problem.... please help me too^^

additional info, passband = 8kHz - 12kHz

Jacob9413 said:
additional info, passband = 8kHz - 12kHz
The freq of the "sine wave" you specified is wrong, which should be 5e3*2*pi, 10e3*2*pi, 15e3*2*pi, remember that w=f*2*pi.
All the blocks needed to simulate a bandpass filter can be found in library Simulink and Signal Processing Blockset.
My model is uploaded for reference. You may need to click autoscale in context menu to view spectrum in Spectrum Scope window.

To philoman: tq for that
but I would like to know is it signal that lies on stopband frequency range still giving signal instead no signal out from filter?
I mean in scope.... I understand about spectrum scope which show as frequency response of the filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back