Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automating the Simulation Process. (Spectre, Verilog-A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamesh419

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
spectre verilog-a

Dear all,

I have a model. The Model is shown in the following link below.

**broken link removed**

It has an
1) 8-bit Adder
2) a Verilog-A Module
3) Some VPWLF Sources which take "files" as inputs.

Some facts:
1) I have to simulate it for 8, 12 and 16 bit adders. Not only that I need to Simulate the whole Model with an Adder (8,12 and 16 bits) but also I have to simulate it for Multiplier and Divider (both 8, 12 and 16 bits) as well. So now the number of cases for me would be like 9 or probably more if I intend to do the combinations of Adders, Multipliers and Dividers.
2) The number of VPWLF sources also change accordingly and so does the Verilog-A modules.

What I want to Do:
1) Simulate my Model shown in the picture (using spectre) and as explained above (The number of such models that I need to simulate will be 9 or more). So the Number of VPWLF sources changes with every simulation so does the Verilog-A module. So I strongly believe that I need to automate this process of Simulation. Since doing this manually would be a tedious task. I am looking for suggestions from you in what way I can go about doing this automation.

I have some Idea that the Automation has to be done using Ocean Scripting language and SKILL. But not sure exactly how I can go about doing this. Can any one suggest me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,
Kamesh.

simulation verilog spectre

I think you can use variables for VPWLF sources and sweep the variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back