Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automatically Extract Time Differences from a Waveform

Status
Not open for further replies.

vladimir.todorov

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I would like to ask you about a method, which will allow me to extract a desired time difference between the positive edges of two signals in a digital simulation carried out by QuestaSim. I would ideally like to create a distribution of this difference and I need a lot of measurements. I am currently using Verdi to display the waveforms produced.

Hi ,

If your using nWave (verdi) .. you can get it done with nCompare tool from verdi

Jony

Thanks for the reply. I already found a work-around for this problem. I would like to try the nCompare, but unfortunately I cannot find it on my system. The approach I used was to convert the binary file .fsdb file to an ascii .vcd one(using fsdb2vcd provided together with Verdi) and then wrote a C++ program to extract the needed info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back