Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AT PC keyboard interface with 8051 in embedded C

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovendanj

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
interfacing pc keyboard to 8051

Sir

I need to interface AT PC keyboard with my 8051 microcontroller with
two i/0 pins only eg: P3.4 and P3.5 . Simply i need to scan the 6x7 keypad and i need to send the scan codes to the PC correspondingly any one help me .Its very urgent...

keyboard interfacing microcontroller

Sir

I need to interface AT PC keyboard with my 8051 microcontroller with
two i/0 pins only eg: P3.4 and P3.5 . Simply i need to scan the 6x7 keypad and i need to send the scan codes to the PC correspondingly any one help me .Its very urgent... i NEED THE eMBEDDED c CODE .PLZ HELP

keyboard interface with 8051

Hi,
It is not clear what is it that you want...?
Do you want to:

1. Interface a PC AT Keyboard to 8051 so that when you press a key on the keyboard, the 8051 detects this key and takes action.

2. You want to connect a 6x7 keypad to the 8051; Scan these keys, and if a key is pressed, then send its scan code to the PC as if a PCAT Keyboard is connected to the PC via the PS2 connector of the PC. That is, your 8051 is simulating the PCAT keyboard connected to PS2 port of PC.

The above 2 are totally different. First make it clear what is it that you want, then somebody will answer your question.

keyboard interfacing with 8051

I need to Interface a PC AT Keyboard to 8051 microcontroller using Embedded C code , where two I/0 pins of 8051 is used for keyboard clock and data pin .
plz help me it is urgent....

keyboard interface with microcontroller

kovendanj said:
I need to Interface a PC AT Keyboard to 8051 microcontroller using Embedded C code , where two I/0 pins of 8051 is used for keyboard clock and data pin .
plz help me it is urgent....

Here is the link that contains source code of PCAT (PS2) Keyboard with 8051:

**broken link removed**

Sorry, it contains Assembly code....I will post if I find any C Code for PCAT Keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back