Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AT commands and hyperterminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Larq

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hyperterminal commands

Hi,
I am trying to send a text message using hyperterminal and AT commands
Ex:
at
OK
at+cmgf=1
OK
at+cmgs="2107791679" (also tried at+cmgw)
> hello

When I enter "ctrl z" I get a little arrow after hello
and hyperterminal just hangs there. It doesn't respond or send the message. I have been successful using the other AT commands, as well as, dialing out using at commands.
Is there anything I should change to actually send the message? How long does it take for hyperterminal to send the message?

I'm using:
Bits per second: 9600
data bits: 8
parity: none
stop bits: 1
flow control: hardware (i've also tried none)

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

hyperterminal at commands

Have you configured the gsm modem with the same serial configurations 9600,8,n,1?
Does your sim card have enough points to sent messages?
Which modem do you use?

ctrl+z hyperterminal

AT+CMGS is the correct command to send SMS directly. The ">" prompt basically signals that the modem understood the command and has a SIM card and a valid PIN entered, otherwise you would get an error immediately. The modem may be possibly not connected to a network, in this case you usually get an error message after CTRL-Z.

The above is assuming standard modem and hyperterminal configurations. With the modem, you can issue an AT&F (factory configuration) command at start of your session to overcome possible strange settings that may be strored in the modem. I wonder, if the CTRL-Z may be redefined with your Hyperterminal or if there can be an "nationales" issue actually sending CTRL-Y?

hyperterminal ctrl+z

I am using a Samsung T809 cell through a usb port. I was trying to use a Nokia 6310i but could never get hyperterminal (or Nokia pc suite) to recognize the phone. I did set the modem settings through "Device manager" to match the settings I am using on hyperterminal. I am able to read messages and dial out using AT commands from hyperterminal but I am not able to send sms messages. After I push "ctrl z" I get an arrow and I never get an acknowledgment saying that the message was sent. It just hangs.

I entered AT&F and hyperterminal responded with OK. Am I supposed to input anything else? I also tried "ctrl y" and didn't get a response either. Also, does anyone know how to get the Nokia phone to work with hyperterminal? Thank you all for all of your help.

hyperterminal at command

I did never use a Nokia or Samsung mobile. Perhaps you are able to find a AT command list for one of these phones at the internet. One possible problem may be, that some mobiles are unable to send SMS in text mode, they understand PDU mode only. This is the case e. g. with Siemens ME45. But normally it should give an error with +CMGF=1 then (ME45 does).

hyperterminal ctrl-z

Beside pressing "ctrl z" directly, try to press <ALT>26.

ctrl z hyperterminal

you can search for SMS and PDU format on google
also check this:

siemens me45 at commands

Dr.Larq said:
Hi,
I am trying to send a text message using hyperterminal and AT commands
Ex:
at
OK
at+cmgf=1
OK
at+cmgs="2107791679" (also tried at+cmgw)
> hello

When I enter "ctrl z" I get a little arrow after hello
and hyperterminal just hangs there. It doesn't respond or send the message. I have been successful using the other AT commands, as well as, dialing out using at commands.
Is there anything I should change to actually send the message? How long does it take for hyperterminal to send the message?

I'm using:
Bits per second: 9600
data bits: 8
parity: none
stop bits: 1
flow control: hardware (i've also tried none)

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

Greetings,

According you phone model, you must search if this support the hardware configuration you put above.

What phone, what cable... some phones support only a few amount of AT commands, check it's at-command set manual too.

Good Luck!

hyperterminal ctrl z

The GSM modem is different from different manufacturers.
I got lost some time back when i was doing these kind of projects.

Some modems see for CR + LF as terminating string. Some modems take CTRL+Z as terminating the string.

Try with both. and in hyperterminal dont enable flow control as hardware. Let it be none. and go to properties-> settings and emulation. Select emulation as ANSI.

Main problem is with using proper terminating string. Some of the basic commands work irrespective of ctrlZ or LF+CR.

Status
Not open for further replies.