Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Asus motherboard p5vd2 vm se

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuganta

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
No display when I switch on the PC it gives beep code one long and two short beep.It might be because of Ram I change ram also bur problem remain same. Ram voltage 1.28 is also ok. I can not able to solve the problem.

The RAM is causing your problem. You selected the wrong type of RAM. If you restore the old RAM the system should work again.

The reason you have no display is due to the fact that you failed POST. At boot up one of the things the computer does is a POST check, which test the computer to make sure it can run correctly and safely. One of these tests is a memory check. A problem was found so it beeped an error code, failed post and shutdown.

This was more than likely done so early it did not even make it to test that graphics card and the rest of the system.

Try installing the old RAM and boot back up to make sure that nothing is broken or damaged. If that works and you are sure you got the right RAM, try it again making sure it is seated fully and correctly.

Best of luck.

Thank you for your kind information but my problem not solve will you please tell me which section of ram section I have to check.

Try the following:
1. If you have an external graphics card try re-seating it. Try to boot.
2. Remove all but one stick of RAM. Try to boot. Swap the stick with another till you have tried them all.

Also check the video cable. One site says it could be the graphics card not being seated properly. Another says bad memory.

Last edited:

I forgot to mention that the one stick must be in DIMM slot 1 (The slot closest to the CPU).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back