Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Toshiba Satellite C660D - dead motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukisek

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello. I have Toshiba Satellite C660D laptop with LA-6843P motherboard. When I plug in power adapter then none of led light.Power on button is ok, checked. I figured out that KBC chip is very hot after a few seconds when I plug in DC adapter. I measured all VCC pins in this chip and it is equal to 1,7 VDC, but by schematic it should be 3 VDC. Is it possible that no sufficient voltage causes this issue that chip is hot? Mosfets next to power are ok. 19 VDC is also on battery pins, so charger should work fine, but diode doesn't light. This chip is KB926QF E0. Did you have similar problem?

Regards,
Lukisek.

Attachments

• IMG_20220106_140410.jpg
    IMG_20220106_140410.jpg
    588.4 KB · Views: 157

Thanks for your fast reply. In this way I will buy the IC and will try to solder a new one. What is the reason that IC is gone? I thought that it will be power MOSFET, not IC...

Lukisek

Hey,

I just replaced KBC (the same model). After I plug in power supply and a battery, the charging led lights, but after about 10 seconds it is off. The same situation with power button. Power diode light for 5 seconds and then stop. Fan is not working while motherboard is on. ANd the next thing is that while charging diode is lighting then I can't power on motherboard. What should I check next?

Regards,
Lukisek.

Hey,

Thank you. I decided to postpone this fix because of my departure, maybe I will abandon this repair. Thanks for your help.

Lukisek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back