Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Areae increase vs power decrease

Status
Not open for further replies.

haykp

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Forum,

I need some data for estimation of area increase vs power consumption decrease.
In other words I have proposed some method which decreases circuit power consumption, in the cost of increase of area.

Now I want to know whether such are increase worth decreasing ot such power consumption.

Thanks

First of all , you have not specified any details regarding where you are implementing your method or what kind of circuit you are developing.

The thing is , increasing area of your circuit wont affect your power consumption directly , what it will do is arrange proper power dissipation of HEAT ENERGY generated in every circuit due to JOULE'S LAW.

Just consider for example a small HEAT -SINK used in back of IC's and the larger heat sinks that can be seen inside your PC CPU

it is nothing but providing larger surface area for proper power dissipation in air in form of heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.