Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Are there any FPGAs that support 1 gbps data rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

among

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
im using xilinx spartan 3 fpga for my application i need to generate 1000mhz clock can this fpga support this or not ?
and also tell me that how we decide tha t fpga is work for that clock .
what specification we have to see/
thank you

which fpga support 1gbps data rate

hi
any one give me the sugession about what are the fpgas that support 1 gbps data rates as i searched in the xilinx web site but im confused with different families there and im getting the same data sheet again and again any one tell me the fpgas numbers that satisfies my spec that 1 gbps ang clock also
thank you

clock in fpga

hi,
You CANNOT achieve 1 GHz clock frequency with any available FPGAs! If you need 1 gbps data rate you should send your data in parallel. For example, a 10-bit wide bus working in 100 MHz clock.

Re: clock in fpga

Is it possible to generate 500MHz internal clock in Vertex 4 using DCM, where input clock frequency is 50MHz? I have tried the same, but DCM is not allowing more than 350MHz output clock. How can I achieve this? Is there any different clocking methodology?

What is the clocking strategy for implementing high speed PCI-e or any other high speed bus in Vertex 4? Vertex 4 has RocketIO transreceivers which can support upto 1 gbps data rate. Does these runs on 1GHz clock?

I am a bit confused about the high frequency clocking of Vertex 4!:cry:

Re: clock in fpga

If you want 1gbps serial data, you may have to use the Rocket-IO serdes present in Virtex family devices. With existing Spartan series, you will not be able to schieve Gbps rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back