Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Arduino custom loader

Status
Not open for further replies.

darksir

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi boys,
please, can you help me with my problem? I make some project on arduino and I need send testing firmwares to my customer. But I don't want send arduino IDE. Is possible upload firmware from arduino IDE to atmega328 with some special loader for windows?

Is possible encrypt this firmware or make it dependent to a specific piece of atmega?

Many thanks for tips,
Petr

Thanks, It´s nice, but this is only GUI for Avrdude ? :) I need some specific, which not will be arduino named for first look. My customer don´t know arduino and I need mask it.

For second question - my idea is some little code in bootloader, which will be specific for only this one processor. Or some processors can have some specific serial numbers in bootloader code a I ganerate HEX file specific for this processors. Is this possible? Is bootloader accessible from FW? I think my customer don´t will be use decompiler etc.. :)

How about using a normal programmer like usbasp to write the hex file directly
**broken link removed**

Hi,

Why such a secret that its Arduino based ? - if they are bootloading or programming the chip they will soon realise its an Atmega chip and the code likely to be in a form of C anyway

If it is just one or two customers why not fit you board with zif sockets and send them a pre programmed and code protected chip, much safer all ways.
I would not trust a customer with bootloaders/programs on a board I supplied.

If you are talking about a lot of boards / customers then perhaps look at some way of serial bootloading over the internet, like they do to update some gps units

Status
Not open for further replies.