Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Application to send commands to Hyperterminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

champnim

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hyperterminal commands

I want to develop an application to send commands to Hyperterminal for controlling my mobile phone. Is it possible to do this in C...pls suggest any other language if it is not possible.

hyperterminal send command

G'day champnim,

Why do you want to send commands to Hyperterminal?
How are you connecting your computer to your phone ?

hyperterminal command

To control the mobile phone, you need to send the commands to mobile phone not to Hyper terminal. You can test the Tx and Rx using Hyperterminal.

You can develop app either in C or VB, Use MsComm control to communicate with comport

Hope this helps

Nishal

hyperterminal at command

I intend to use C for my application...can the mobile send me an acknowledgement once it finishes doing a task like calling a no, etc. i dont want to use polling

send keystrokes to hyperterminal

Although it depends on mobile you use, all mobile will have acknowledgement methods.

As a start off, please refer this link **broken link removed** . It describes Nokia fbus protocol

- Nishal

sending commands in hyperterminal

I am using the Sony Ericsson w700i. In C if i send an AT command to the mobile for dialling a no, how will I come to know that the call has ended without doing polling...is it possible for the unsolicited result codes sent by the phone to generate an interrupt?

hyperterminal at commands

Sony Erricson 700i has USB port. If you plan to use USB (direct cable) U need to write program that handles usb communication, in which case you cannot review the results in Hyperterminal since it handles only com port.

Another option is to use USB to RS232 cable where you can use mscomm activex control and hyperterminal.

Choose the best that suits your knowledge

Regarding AT commands, normally it should Acknowledge / send the commands that represents particular action. I am not aware with the sony erricson command sets

Nishal

controlling hyperterminal using a vb program

I am using Turbo C on windows 2000...I am unable to access my w700i connected thru usb using outportb command...can sumbody tell me how to access it in C so that i can send AT commands to it

send command at hyperterminal

Hi there

Open Hyper terminal and specify 1100 baud rate.
Use AT Commands to communicate with Ur mobile using Serial port.
Get AT commands detail from net,.

hyperterminal commands with detail

I am able to send commands using Hyperteminal but i want to do so using a C program...Is it possible to do this using Turbo C or shud i use a different compiler

hyperterminal + baud rate

Open Hyper terminal and specify 1100 baud rate.
Use AT Commands to communicate with Ur mobile using Serial port.

What on earth is 1100 baud rate. Which PC supports this> and with my experience I never configured this baud rate, nor windows support this.

Please confirm yourself first about the answer before posting it.
We dont play here for points but for knowledge.

send commands hyper terminal

What is your interface to the Mobile that you are using for this application. That would decide on what can be the possible diagnosis of your issues.
Also mention the exact Mobile you are using.

send hyperterminal

I am using Sony Ericsson w700i for my purpose. The application has to send a series of commands like dialling a no, sending sms,etc to the phone frm a C program. I hv switched to the Visual C compiler instead of Turbo C. can sumbdy suggest how to go abt it now(I hv nvr used Visual C)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back