Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

application specific instruction set processor--

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohankumar.pandian

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

i am planning to design a ASIP for sensor applications ( (((or atleast tell , if there is any other possible & fesible application ))) ... from where to start my proccess?... for me what r the prerequsites ?........... is it fessible to finish this project by 6 month's?( i am in last year of my engineering degree ....)

ASIP--------- Application Specific instruction set Processor

I'll bite, though I may appear ignorant...

ASIP?

Are you sure you have the acronym correct?

I'm thinkng Applcation Specific Integrated Processor, a processor with a dedicated application and an instruction set suited to that application.

...but then I also thought I^2 R was power related too, until I found out it wasn't, that it was a communications protocol.

ASIP stands for Application Specific Instruction set Processor.................

mohankumar.pandian said:

Hi Mohankumar, can you give some examples of ASIP products?

mohankumar.pandian said:

Thank you!

Now I know.

I'd like to add to your "has helped" score, but I don't know how AND I barely have time to read and respond. (...not really, but I'm making time, because this is a really good forum!)

Lets set some things straight...

ASIP as originally used by Sato (1991) in one of his papers means: Application Specific Integrated Processor.

Since mid 90's and till now ASIP is primarily used as an abbrev. to Application Specific Instruction set Processor.

A term that the older guys may recall is ASSP: Application-Specific Standard Product. It comes from an era (80's) when FPGAs, CPLDs, etc where not in wide use (X company and a few others were making their baby steps).

Hope this helps

the_penetrator©

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back