Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

application of unstable amplifer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenifer_gao

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All:

I may ask a stupid quesion, but it bothered me for long time. Now I have a system with phase shift of 185°, as a result this system will becomes unstable. I could do some compensation for this system, but it will increase the power. Because power in my design is very strict. I used this system to do a step response simulation with a unity gain feedback configuration. I find it will give me more ringings than that of small phase shift. So I think this big phase shift only affects the settling time. If my system has a relaxed requirement for the settling time, and it is only applied in the large signal step response, this system may still be feasible.
So far I only see the drawback of settling time. If anyone can point out what else harmness of this unstable system in a large signal applicaion. Thanks.

J

if noise is white, then it will "inspire" ur system to "oscillate" at the PM=0, (positive feedback configuration).

Btrend said:
if noise is white, then it will "inspire" ur system to "oscillate" at the PM=0, (positive feedback configuration).

I agree with these words, also u will have an output which don't relate to the input, not some ringings as u imagine, it will be a completely oscillating output

Thanks for all replies. You are absolutely right. I have to include the compensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back