Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

antenna impedance, urgent help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikekan

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
antenna impedance s11

Hi all,

I simulated a patch antenna by Momentum, ADS. I put 1 port to feed power to the antenna because I defined a infinite ground plane below the antenna.

After simulation, only S11 appeared. How could I find the antenna impedance?
thanks so much.

It seems hard to believe, that you are using these wonderful tools without actually knowing what you are doing, respectively have ever heard about some most basic RF properties.

Possibly, you remember though
Code:
Z = Z0 * (1+ s11)/(1-s11)

it is 50 ohms.but we can calculate it with s11 or gama by that formula Z = Z0 * (1+ s11)/(1-s11)

mikekan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks to all.

But the problem is that after I simulated by Momentum, I could not open the Agilent EMDS to see the values of Zant, S11,... anymore (i sent with the attachment picture file).

To FvM: thanks for your comment. However I dont think it's nice. I am a beginner in RF and ADS Momemtum, and that's the reason why I join here.

I admit, my comment wasn't nice. I hope, you can bear it. If the ADS tool helps you to learn RF, it's O.K. of course. However, without some theoretical background, you may have difficulties to decide, if your setup and the respective results are meaningful at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.