Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ansoft designer simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sekharareddy

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
microwave office substrate definition

Hello All,
I'm doing a circuit simulation in Ansoft designer. After importing the devices using S-parameters, while doing the analysis the tool was displaying some errors with some line numbers.Can anybody tell me how to identify the particular line no in my circuit to clear those errors in my circuit?

Please find the screen shot of the errors and tell me what might be the error?

If want, I will send my circuit also.............

ansoft designer 4.0

Please find the circuit of Tx path attached here. Even If I load the unused port of the switch with 50Ω resistor, I'm getting the same errors.

ansoft designer .doc

Hi

Have you tried terminating the second port of the switch?
I am not really familiar with Designer though!!

Regards

pspice model of mbc13720

upload your project and s parameter, JPG seemed helpless

Hello sekharareddy,

It is working fine with AWR Microwave Office (MWO)....
See the MWO project file & the corresponding results documents,....
May be some setup problems in Designer ( I haven't used designer)...

---manju---

sekharareddy
you missed the substrate definition.
you can add it in your project/circuit1/data, right click, add substrate definition.

Hello Manju,
I have done that and its working fine.(Tx path)
While simulating the LNA, I have got a doubt on how to add the biasing for that.Because,if I import the s-parameters I'm getting a two terminal network but the biasing may be to any other pin.

For your reference i'm attaching my LNA circuit and its s-parameters here.

Hello sekharareddy,

Good question...FYI the S-parameters already measured at perticular bias conditions, hence their is no need of biasing network for the analysis as it does not take accont in circuit simulation (if you add)....

in this case, this device is measured at following bias conditions...
! Motorola
! MBC13720 High IP3 mode, Vcc=2.75V, I=9.4mA

By the way when you add the S-parameter mode on schematic as a subcircuit you can select explicit ground & the FET symbol for S-parameter file & then you can add required matching network...
See the attached MWO project file..

Alsoif you wanted to make layout & the Biasing network you need to have the Nonlinear Spice model...

more importantly for LNA design you need to have Noise data in the S-parameter file to accurately model or design the LNA circuit....

---manju---

Hello sekharareddy
i am sorry i forgot to tell you that all microstripline must be revised.

double click the microstrip line model in circuit1, select "parameter values/SUB value", and select the substrate that you definited. modify all microstrip line in schmetic by this way.

Hello Manju,

Can you send me the PDF of the file which you have send? Because i'm getting some problem in opening the present file.

Hello Manju,

the transformer which I have selected should transform an impedance of 200Ω to 50Ω, can you kindly tell me how to decide the turns ratio for that?

thanks in advance........

Hello sekharareddy,

Here is the requested PDF file....

---manju---

Hello sekharareddy,

Ommm...Transformer Ratio for Balun Impedence?

Here is the one of the jpg file madeng uploaded & alos corresponding MWO project file available....

---manju---

Hello Manju,
I understood about connecting the transformer.

But balanced impedance of my Balun is 200Ω. So my doubt is how exactly I have to select the turns ratio of the Transformer to get the transformation from 200Ω to 50Ω at the transformer output?

Status
Not open for further replies.