Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ansoft designer simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Manju,

I have found some more information from Minicrcuits website. From that what I understand is to trasnform the impedance from 50Ω to 200Ω, we have to consider the turns ratio of 1:2.

I'm attaching the document for your reference.

Hello Sekhar,

Yes...I know...
A 1:2 primary-to-secondary transformer turns-ratio provides a 1:4 impedance transformation i.e 4 x 50 = 200 ohms... In this case, the secondary voltage is twice the primary voltage and the secondary current is
one-half the primary current....
or a 1:3 transformer turns-ratio provides a 1:9 impedance transformation i.e 9 x 50 = 450 ohms etc...

I wanted you to use tuner to vary the Turns ratio & see the Zin measurement in Microwave Office.... Any way nice that you got the answer....

---manju---

Hello Manju,
I have one more doubt regarding this simulation.Actually we have added the ideal transformer at the balanced lines of Balun(I have not cosidred the Transceiver impedances by mistake).Now I got the transceiver impedances.Please find the attached file. can you suggest me how to proceed on this?

I'm also attaching the previous file which we have done the simulation,without considering the transceiver impedances for your reference.

For this case is it correct, to add the Transformer?

Hello sekharareddy,

I have downloaded your project and I've tested it on Ansoft_Designer 2.2. You had to insert the substrate definition, but what i've seen is that your circuit has two substrate definitions!
Did you mean your circuit had to be in stripline instead of the microstrip?
Here is the circuit revisited with the substrate loaded in all the lines and no error messages appear
Help me to understand your circuit

by
Andrea

Status
Not open for further replies.